As many of you know, a Facebook ad is an advertisement displayed on Facebook that includes various targeting and placement options. Facebook ads typically function as long-term campaigns that help reach specific long-term marketing goals, such as creating brand awareness, generating traffic to a webpage, or obtaining new leads. Facebook ads can be created using several popular campaign types such as likes, clicks-to-website, and native lead generation.
Boosted posts are Facebook posts that are “boosted” with a paid budget. In many ways, boosted posts function like ads, but they are able to reach both organic and paid audiences. Boosted posts help increase engagement and generate brand awareness.
So, when you see that a post is performing well organically, meaning it is resonating with your audience, applying a paid boost can bolster that momentum. It ensures that more of your fans and followers see it, and maybe even people you haven’t even connected with yet. Boosted posts are also great for targeting niche audiences with content that is specific to them, or for campaigns that have a small budget.
There are a few key differences between boosted posts and Facebook ads, such as:
- Boosted posts function to reach short-term marketing goals, while Facebook ads function to reach long-term marketing goals.
- Boosted posts are run for a short duration of time, typically 24 hours to one week depending on the budget. Facebook ads are run for a long duration of time, typically in a 30-day ad cycle.
- Boosted posts usually have a smaller budget than Facebook ads, since they are run for a shorter period of time. The minimum budget for a boosted post is just $1 per day, while a Facebook ad requires a larger budget in order to reach a broader audience.
- Boosted posts are made from actual posts on a Facebook page. The date listed on the post is when the post was first published. Facebook ads are made in Ads Manager. They are not displayed organically on the Facebook page, and they can only be seen by paid placement or in the Ads & Info tab while they are active.
- Boosted posts get a mixture of organic and paid reach, while Facebook ads are paid reach only.
All in all, boosted posts are essentially mini Facebook ads.
Boosted posts and Facebook ads are paid social media advertising opportunities that every campaign strategy should utilize in order to obtain optimal results for both short-term and long-term marketing goals. They function very similarly in the sense that they are both ads that use a paid budget to reach segments of a target market.
Paid Facebook Strategies Can Benefit Your Practice
Our paid and organic social media marketing strategies drive visibility and leads for lawyers, doctors, and dentists. For more information, click on the links below:
Contact MyAdvice at 888-983-0221 to get started on your social media campaign today!