Is your practice dedicating enough time to its online presence on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+?
More and more companies, brands and practices are learning the importance of having frequently updated, relevant and well-monitored social media accounts. Posting at least once a week will help to establish your practice’s online presence, as well as boost your search engine optimization (SEO) ranking.
Rob Swystun of Pristine Advisers, a PR and media relations firm, recently wrote that social media savviness is now a skill that executives themselves need. To underline his point, Swystun presented the below survey figures:
The Importance of Social Media Skills in Reputation Management:
- 61% of U.S. respondents said they are more likely to purchase from a company whose values and leadership are clearly communicated on social media from a company’s top executives
- 82% of respondents believe CEO engagement on social media helps communicate company values and shape a company’s brand reputation
- 77% believe social media is a powerful tool for enhancing the credibility of executives with shareholders, employees, customers and media
- 71% agree that a company appears more trustworthy when leaders use social media as a public relations channel to openly communicate about its core mission, values and purpose
- 83% believe CEO participation in social media builds stronger connections with customers, employees, and investors
- 87% agree that a social media policy allows a company’s leadership team to be proactive rather than reactive in response to online negativity
You can see more of the survey findings here, and find out how your practice can better manage your social media accounts by reading Who’s Handling Your Social Media Account?
MyAdvice Can Handle It for You
Too busy to manage your practice’s social media accounts? Let MyAdvice help! We can plan an organized and effective social media strategy to get potential clients interested in your services! Contact an MyAdvice Representative to learn more.