What makes one website better than the next? How do you know if your website measures up to the competition? On the ever-changing face of the Internet, it’s difficult to know if your website design has what it takes. To follow are some guidelines outlining key elements in good website design.
- Stick with a color scheme containing no more than 4 colors.
- Do not use a dark color or black as a background for pages with content. Web-users find dark backgrounds with light-colored or white text to be difficult to read.
- Use fonts that are easy to read and uniform.
- Include graphics and images that make sense. Only use graphics and images that you own the publishing rights to.
- Keep it simple.
- Determine style and uniformity.
- Have content edited by at least 3 pairs of eyes for grammatical, syntactical and factual errors.
- Spelling errors and typographical errors undermine a medical practice’s web presence as well as authority.
- Keep content short and concise.
- All buttons and links should be working.
- Have error pages programmed to include a link back to your own webpage.
- Make sure all pages have a categorized and accessible button.
- Develop a mobile-compatible site.
- Limit how far users will have to scroll. The best sites on the Web keep important information at the top of the website to minimize how far a user will have to scroll down to look for it.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is a marketing term used to describe the visibility of a website as it ranks on a search engine results page. Here are a few methods for implementing SEO:
- The more pages of well-written and informative content, the better.
- Determine and use keywords in a natural way.
- Make sure that HTML coding is straightforward and that there aren’t erroneous codes throughout pages.
- Links should use descriptive and accurate text.
Have MyAdvice Design Your Medical Practice Website Today
Are you overwhelmed by webdesign or need your existing website updated? Let MyAdvice help! Our professional web developers and designers can work with you to develop a website that suits your medical practice’s needs. For more information, contact an MyAdvice Representative today.