With more patients turning to Google and other search engines to find physicians, dentists and medical specialists, it’s important to stay on top of your web presence and online visibility. You may be overwhelmed with options and pitches from various companies, and wondering which online strategies will give you the best bang for your buck.
Here is a list of some popular Internet marketing strategies broken down:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Once your website is up and running; you have to start thinking about how local patients using search engines will find you over local competitors. This is where Search Engine Optimization comes in. SEO aims to enhance your presence in search engines, overtime. You can start by claiming your listings on review sites like Google+ local. Build out your profile and encourage patients to post reviews. Learn more here.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ad campaign– Also consider launching a PPC advertising campaign, like Google AdWords. PPC is a form of Internet marketing that promotes websites through paid ads on the top and side of all online search engines. You can target web users based on search terms, geographic regions and online behavior. These features work together to ensure that your ad is presented to those expressing interest in your services. This high-targeted ad exposure increases the chances of clicks turning into to patients. Learn more here.
- Social Media Marketing- Quite possibly the most inexpensive way of reaching local patients is through social networking. Launch your site on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and encourage patients, staff and local friends and family to “like” and follow your accounts. The more interaction on your page, the more likely your practice is to build a local referral network. Learn more here.
- Blogging- Another great way to reach patients searching the web for your procedures is by blogging about what you do. Not only are you providing patients with answers to their questions, you’re also growing your website and gaining authority in search engines. Learn more here.
- Email Marketing- Another example of a low budget marketing strategy is email marketing. Consider asking patients for an email address on all forms and send them frequent practice updates, specials and new product or procedure announcements. This helps achieve top-of-mind awareness.
The Best Strategy is an Integrated Marketing Strategy
By integrating your Internet marketing campaigns, you maximize your online presence and visibility to potential patients. When a patient sees you in organic and paid search results, on a variety of review websites and blogs, and on social networks, they’ll get a better idea of who you are and see what others say about your practice.
With online marketing, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The elements work better together than when standing alone to build brand awareness, patient trust and authority in your field.
Find out which strategies we suggest for your practice. Contact us today to find out about our Internet marketing plans and pricing.